Just a girl who writes about books

Reviews, Book-to-Movie Adaptations, Stacking the Shelves

Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Reads: February 21st

     This Friday night  I will be reading I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter. From the back cover, "Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school -- typical, that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen different languages and capable of killing a man with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real 'pavement artist' -- but can she maneuver a relationsjip with someone who can never know the truth about her?". This book seems like a cute, quick read which I could really use after the heart-breaking ending of Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I am currently about 50 pages in. I'm not loving the writing style very much but the story is entertaining. I feel like I will read through this quick so I could hopefully move onto a thrilling, action-packed novel unlike this cutesy middle-grade-like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment